Eastern Oregon Center for Independent Living
Empowering individuals with disabilities and seniors to improve the quality of their lives
- October 21, 2014 —W. Kirt Toombs, EMMDS, EOCIL's CEO provides OP-ED to United States International Council on Disabilities (USICD) supporting the Convention On The Rights Of Persons With Disabilities (CRPD) press release.
- January 25, 2012 — EOCIL supports the United Cerebral Palsy Association of Oregon and Southwest Washington and eight individuals as plaintiffs in Lane v. Kitzhaber. The class action suit, supported by Disability Rights Oregon, seeks to stop segregation of “more than 2,300 Oregonians stuck in long-term, dead-end, facility based sheltered workshops that offer virtually no interaction with non-disabled peers…." Read the full press release.
- December 13, 2010 — EOCIL partners with Access Technologies, Inc. (ATI) to enable people with disabilities to borrowassistive technology devices short-term to try out and determine which might be most suitable for personal long-term rental or purchase. Read the full press release.
- November 19, 2010 — EOCIL receives grant from Meyer Memorial Trust to purchase a new fuel-efficient vehicle. The vehicle will enhance the delivery of EOCIL’s independent living services to people with disabilities and seniors. Read the full press release.
- November 15, 2010 — EOCIL receives $20,000 from M.A.C. AIDS Fund Fund for the "Second Chance Housing Program" for people living with HIV/AIDS in rural Oregon. Read the full press release.
- July 26, 2010 — Ontario, Ore., mayor proclaims a Day of Celebration in honor of the 20th anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act. Read the proclamation.
Dream it! Plan it! Achieve It!
Special thanks to Daniel Wilkins of thenthdegree.com
for permission to reproduce the artwork used on this page.